Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Empathy people!

After all these years, I finally learnt the word empathy. Dont get me wrong. I practise this value but the question is, "do you really understand what it means"? I don't know when, perhaps a few years back, when I'm walking on the street or eating with my parents, and i see older people walking alone carrying their heavy duffel. I feel sad. I feel pain for them. I feel like crying especially when I see those that had to sell some tissues or whatsoever under the hot scroching sun :( And now in Melbourne, when I see elderly carrying heavy groceries and walking around hunching and some even shivering, all I can think of is, " I feel like crying for the things they have to go through and suffer " And when a flash of my parents in their shoes, I feel like shit. I swear and vow that my parents will never be in that position. Don't get me wrong. I'm not discriminating them or disrespecting them. So, take time to smile at them or offer a hand because you never know a smile can make their day and eventually you will be happy :) Empathy is the capability to share and understand another's emotions and feelings. It is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes," Empathy does not necessarily imply compassion, sympathy, or empathic concern because this capacity can be present in context of compassionate or cruel behavior !-- AddToAny Share/Save BEGIN -->
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Recommended Reading

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails