Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Why do we need to study

Halfway through reading my textbook with lecture notes spread all over my small table, a thought came into my mind. Why do people study so hard? Besides the obvious reason - to get a degree that can land u a good ass job. But why do people really study? The degree is just somesort of passport in working world. The things that matter most in the working world would be your achievement and your social skills. Do we really need a certificate from top university in order to earn millions? I doubt so. But why then, the big shots companies are all longing to see the certificate with good scores when it's all about your achievement in your job and how well you adapt to your job right? Because of the pressure from the world now, it's pressuring our parents and in return they are pressuring us =_=" I know future its really important but i see news or heard news about how people can be a great achiever despite that he/she doesnt have a degree. Is scoring and bragging your grades that important in life? or was it just a mere self satisfaction? Geez, I wouldnt know. Coming from someone that dont know what she wants in her life despite the fact that she wants to freaking graduate and bid goodbye to Monash, that is a money sucker university =_=""""""""" This is a random post. Sorry. Must be too much of reading textbook and hence making me emo and cranky and bitchy Sighs. Back to studying, i hope. Sighs sighs sighs sighs! The only motivation now for me to score and finish off my paper is going home :) You lovelies back home, till the next time I see you girls I really miss you guys! : ) Currently listening to : Jay Chou - Wo Bu Pei Mood : stress Drinking : 3th cups of coffee !-- AddToAny Share/Save BEGIN -->
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I see ur blog is not locked anymore!

    Beats me why ppl study so hard, kiasu and wanna be better than the rest i guess?

    I MALAS, graduate still need to do assignments, accounting SUCKS sigh =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhaha yea heys! : )

    i guess competitveness inside them?

    why do u still have asgmts ?
    are u taking honours or master?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont worry. You are not the only one who has wondered about this question.

    I used to think about that question very often too. But guess what? I think I have found my answers.

    I personally think that tertiary studies are so important because whatever that is happening now is related to what we are studying. Talking about the global credit crunch. It is related to our finance and very fundamental economics issues.

    Studies make us think out of the box and relate back to the current issues. So in some ways, degree is not just a piece of paper.

    It is the maturity of how you absorb what you have learnt, been taught and question yourself as to how, why, what, when all these happened. what are the effects and impacts?

    Let's just take a comparison of you right now and when you just graduated from SPM. I believe there are things in which you know so much more about compared to when you were 17.

    It is not just a piece of paper.

    Well, at least that is what I think

    *wink baby boo*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long comment.
    I guess studying right now is important and do teach us plenty of usefull stuffs

    Its jus that i am so tired with studying that i am thinking nonsense.
    I will miss you much u know :(
    no more u next sem : (

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Recommended Reading

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails